Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kevin_Conseil
Helper II
Helper II

Cumulative Distinct Count with variables

Hi Everyone,

Background: 

• I have a dataset recording visits of sales managers in stores
  • Each visit create multiple entry lines as the sales managers try to sell multiple products to the store
  • Each store has a performance categorie (from A - best - to C - worse) and its categorie can change thoughout the time
  • A store can be visited once a month at most but not all stores are visited in a month
  • A store is visited by one single sales manager

See screenshot below of the sample dataset i have (only for one store and one sales manager)

how the data looks like.PNG

What I want to achieve:   

I d like to show the development (per month) of the performance of the stores per sales managers per store categorie on a deep dive level (per store) and aggregated level. Therefore I d like to do the cumulative distinct count of stores, taking into account the store categorie, sales managers and month

See screenshots below of the tables I d like to get:

what i want (aggregated).PNGwhat i want.PNG

What I have:   

I have created a measure that calculated the cumulative distinct count of stores and get filters per store catgeorie, sales manager & month (see DAX code below). However as soon as a store change categorie, it continues counting the store for the old categorie and start counting for the new categorie 

# cumulative stores = VAR results = CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT('Reports'[store id]), FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Date),date[Date]<= MAX(date[Date]))) RETURN results

See screenshot below of the table i get using the above measure:

what i have.PNG

Please let me know if you have a solution :), 

Best, 

Kevin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Kevin_Conseil 
If you can create a short sample and put it into pbix, it would be clear for me. For now, you can try add additional filters in the measure, because you are looking to count and filter by the salesman and categories.

result = CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT('Reports'[store id]), FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Date),[Salesman]=max([Salesman]) && [categories]=max([categories]) && date[Date]<= MAX(date[Date])))

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Kevin_Conseil 
If you can create a short sample and put it into pbix, it would be clear for me. For now, you can try add additional filters in the measure, because you are looking to count and filter by the salesman and categories.

result = CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT('Reports'[store id]), FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Date),[Salesman]=max([Salesman]) && [categories]=max([categories]) && date[Date]<= MAX(date[Date])))

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.