cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative Count with Multiple Dates on Same Axis

Hello,

I am trying to figure how to create a cumulative count of my team's IT system testing over time - specifically broken out by the planned test dates and the actually executed test dates. I want to plot this as two different lines on the same axis of a line graph, and at the end of our software project the two lines should meet in the middle (where planned test date cumulative counts  = executed test date cumulative counts).

I understand the USERELATIONSHIP function, and have already created a reference Date table (see attached PBIX) to plot the planned and executed date cumulative counts together, and I understand how to create a cumulative count (using the date <=max(date) syntax), but I can't figure out how to create two measures, each of which  has a cumulative count of either planned or executed test dates AND has the USERELATIONSHIP function so that I can plot those two final measures on the same line chart as VALUES with the reference date table as my axis (images attached - the image labeled "Testing Timeline" is a mock example of what I am attempting, only I want the counts to be cumulative, not just counts per day of tests).

Thank you in advance for any help...it's much appreciated!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r7qb861bxawigp/HTP%20TCER%20Dashboard.pbix?dl=0

Example_Excel_Fields.JPGExample_Execution_Date_DAX.JPGExample_Planned_Date_DAX.JPGExample_Power_BI_Table_Relations_Date_Table.JPGExample_Two_Dates_One_Axis.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Cumulative Count with Multiple Dates on Same Axis

We are not able to download the pbix to view

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
My Recent Blog -Week is not so Weak Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Apologies @amitchandak  must be a configuration issue with file sharing from work accounts. 

Please try this dropbox link instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r7qb861bxawigp/HTP%20TCER%20Dashboard.pbix?dl=0

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak 

Were you able to access the file? I am still having some trouble getting two different dates plotted as lines on the same axis while having a cumulative count for each line over time.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors