Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative Count with Multiple Dates on Same Axis

Hello,

I am trying to figure how to create a cumulative count of my team's IT system testing over time - specifically broken out by the planned test dates and the actually executed test dates. I want to plot this as two different lines on the same axis of a line graph, and at the end of our software project the two lines should meet in the middle (where planned test date cumulative counts  = executed test date cumulative counts).

I understand the USERELATIONSHIP function, and have already created a reference Date table (see attached PBIX) to plot the planned and executed date cumulative counts together, and I understand how to create a cumulative count (using the date <=max(date) syntax), but I can't figure out how to create two measures, each of which  has a cumulative count of either planned or executed test dates AND has the USERELATIONSHIP function so that I can plot those two final measures on the same line chart as VALUES with the reference date table as my axis (images attached - the image labeled "Testing Timeline" is a mock example of what I am attempting, only I want the counts to be cumulative, not just counts per day of tests).

Thank you in advance for any help...it's much appreciated!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r7qb861bxawigp/HTP%20TCER%20Dashboard.pbix?dl=0

Example_Excel_Fields.JPGExample_Execution_Date_DAX.JPGExample_Planned_Date_DAX.JPGExample_Power_BI_Table_Relations_Date_Table.JPGExample_Two_Dates_One_Axis.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

We are not able to download the pbix to view

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies @amitchandak  must be a configuration issue with file sharing from work accounts. 

Please try this dropbox link instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r7qb861bxawigp/HTP%20TCER%20Dashboard.pbix?dl=0

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Were you able to access the file? I am still having some trouble getting two different dates plotted as lines on the same axis while having a cumulative count for each line over time.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.