Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sprao
Helper I
Helper I

Cumulative Count by Month from another table value

Hi Members, please help me below scenario

I have 3 tables like below image

Question -mAIN.PNG

Now in my graph I want show No.of task by month with cumulative value

Question1.PNG

Please help me..Advance Thank you.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sprao 
Try the following measures, I put in the table visual to show you the result because, I don't have your calender table. You can try yourself.

Plan  = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Plan Table'),
        FILTER(ALL('Plan Table'),SUMX(FILTER('Plan Table',EARLIER('Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate].[Year])<='Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate].[Year]),COUNTROWS('Plan Table'))),
        FILTER(ALL('Plan Table'),SUMX(FILTER('Plan Table',EARLIER('Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate].[MonthNo])<='Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate].[MonthNo]|| EARLIER('Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate])<='Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate]),COUNTROWS('Plan Table'))),
        FILTER(ALL('Plan Table'),'Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate]>=RELATED(Datetable[Startdate]) && 'Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate]<=RELATED(Datetable[Enddate])))

Baseline = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Baseline Table'),
        FILTER(ALL('Baseline Table'),SUMX(FILTER('Baseline Table',EARLIER('Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date].[Year])<='Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date].[Year]),COUNTROWS('Plan Table'))),
        FILTER(ALL('Baseline Table'),SUMX(FILTER('Baseline Table',EARLIER('Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date].[MonthNo])<='Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date].[MonthNo] || EARLIER('Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date])<='Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date]),COUNTROWS('Baseline Table'))),
        FILTER(ALL('Baseline Table'),'Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date]>=RELATED(Datetable[Startdate]) && 'Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date]<=RELATED(Datetable[Enddate])))

baseline&plan.JPG

Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sprao 
Try the following measures, I put in the table visual to show you the result because, I don't have your calender table. You can try yourself.

Plan  = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Plan Table'),
        FILTER(ALL('Plan Table'),SUMX(FILTER('Plan Table',EARLIER('Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate].[Year])<='Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate].[Year]),COUNTROWS('Plan Table'))),
        FILTER(ALL('Plan Table'),SUMX(FILTER('Plan Table',EARLIER('Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate].[MonthNo])<='Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate].[MonthNo]|| EARLIER('Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate])<='Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate]),COUNTROWS('Plan Table'))),
        FILTER(ALL('Plan Table'),'Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate]>=RELATED(Datetable[Startdate]) && 'Plan Table'[Taskfinishdate]<=RELATED(Datetable[Enddate])))

Baseline = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Baseline Table'),
        FILTER(ALL('Baseline Table'),SUMX(FILTER('Baseline Table',EARLIER('Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date].[Year])<='Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date].[Year]),COUNTROWS('Plan Table'))),
        FILTER(ALL('Baseline Table'),SUMX(FILTER('Baseline Table',EARLIER('Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date].[MonthNo])<='Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date].[MonthNo] || EARLIER('Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date])<='Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date]),COUNTROWS('Baseline Table'))),
        FILTER(ALL('Baseline Table'),'Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date]>=RELATED(Datetable[Startdate]) && 'Baseline Table'[Baseline_Date]<=RELATED(Datetable[Enddate])))

baseline&plan.JPG

Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You need open task or cumulative task. The open task is based on the end date. And we need the task start date. Also Task ID

I need cumulative No.of tasks(Plan & Baseline),during the projects period..

@sprao , can you explain with example how to get with these three tables

@amitchandak , Currently i am developing Project management dashboard,so from sharepoint i extracted Project api data along with tasks api data & but  taskbaseline data from sharepoint list..so ihave total three tables..

Question3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.