Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LaM

Cumulate values on a column and display data by record or date range

Hi,

I am pretty new in Power BI, so I think my question is not that difficult but I can't achieve it...

I have records and have a benefit value for each record.

I want to calculate and cumulate the benefit for this column (from the 1st record until the last one).

I want to get the last column in red 'cumulative benefit', but after reading some posts, I couldn't achieve that.

createdoncrceb_benefitcumulative benefit
09/11/2020 14:24110110
09/11/2020 16:10-5105
09/11/2020 16:16-1095

Once I will get this data, I would like to display the data with a graph like the following one:

• by records (from the first one to the last one)
  • or by date range: november 2020, december 2020, january 2021... then by year...

2020-11-10_17-06-29.png

Can you help me to calculate the last column?

Do you think I can display data as I wanted with the only date field createdon that I get in my table?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @LaM 

Try like this:

column= SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),[date]<=earlier('Table'[date])),[values])

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @LaM 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

According to your description,I think you can create a measure to calculate the desired result.

Like this:

Measure = SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),[date]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[date])),[values])

6.png

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

I tried your solution but I must do something wrong because it does'nt work 😓

I tried two things:

1. First I created a measure, but when I put it on the the report tab, and add it on a visualization of type 'Line chart', the graph is empty (I also added the createdon on axis).

I can't see the measure in the data tab as a column (like your printscreen), to check the data calculated, is it normal?

2020-11-13_10-32-03-2.png

2.I created a column (to see it in the data tab), and I put the same formula, but it also remains empty.

Can't we move the columns to put this new one near the benefit column? To see the data more easily?

2020-11-13_10-31-52-1.png

My data columns, so my formula seems like yours:

2020-11-13_10-32-23-3.png2020-11-13_10-32-39-4.png

Hi, @LaM 

Try like this:

column= SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),[date]<=earlier('Table'[date])),[values])

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.