Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulate difference between each months

Trying to write a measure to calculate the cumulative difference between months.

For example, I'm working with the data below.

Yearmonth     Sales

2020/01/01    10

2020/02/01    15

2020/03/01    14

2020/04/01    11

Total               50

Then each month difference is 5, -1, -3 and cumulative total difference is 1 (5+ -1 + -2).

Can you please help me to figure out how to get the total (i.e. 1)?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I created a sample pbix file for you(see attachment) base on your requirement, please check whether that is what you want.

Difference = 
var _cursales=MAX('Table'[Sales])
var _curdate=MAX('Table'[Yearmonth])
var _predate=CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Yearmonth]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Yearmonth]<_curdate))
var _presales=CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Sales]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Yearmonth]=_predate))
return 
if(ISBLANK(_presales),BLANK(),_cursales-_presales)
Culmulative difference = SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Yearmonth]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Yearmonth])),[Difference])

Cumulate difference between each months.JPG

Best Regards
Rena
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
manalla
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Anonymous 

You can try some thing similar to below:

Previous Month Sales = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Sales]),ALL('Table'),PREVIOUSMONTH('Table'[Yearmonth ]))
Sales Diff = IF(ISBLANK([Previous Month Sales]),BLANK(),sum('Table'[Sales]) - [Previous Month Sales]) 

Capture.PNG

Thanks

Manoj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the help! I created two measures and it gives me a difference for each month. However, I can't seem to add the difference to get total 1.

Below is a bar chart using the measure.

kbae_0-1603835117637.png

I would like a cumulated difference bar chart. For example, if I select 04/01/2020, I would like the bar chart to show 1. But it's showing -3, just a difference between March and April.

kbae_1-1603835268670.png

Can you please help?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I created a sample pbix file for you(see attachment) base on your requirement, please check whether that is what you want.

Difference = 
var _cursales=MAX('Table'[Sales])
var _curdate=MAX('Table'[Yearmonth])
var _predate=CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Yearmonth]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Yearmonth]<_curdate))
var _presales=CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Sales]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Yearmonth]=_predate))
return 
if(ISBLANK(_presales),BLANK(),_cursales-_presales)
Culmulative difference = SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Yearmonth]<=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Yearmonth])),[Difference])

Cumulate difference between each months.JPG

Best Regards
Rena
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.