Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KristinaSp
Helper I
Helper I

Cummulative totals by fiscal year - other slicers dont work

Hello,

I have searched and read other topics reated with cummulative totals, but it does not help to solve my issue.

This topic is the closest to my issue: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Compare-cumulative-data-between-years/td-p/112480

I created  running totals measue  accordingly with the explanation in the link, but it does not work with other slicers.

KristinaSp_0-1606922054699.png

Maybe someone also had this issue and know how to solve it

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KristinaSp , if you need ytd (cumm by year) , then you can use time intelligence

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31")) //last date of yesr is 31 dec

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"3/31")) //last date of year is 31 march

choose date of your choice

Over all cumm -Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[value]),filter(allselected(Table),Table[Date] <=max(Table[Date])))

Power BI — Year on Year with or Without Time Intelligence
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-ytd-questions-time-intelligence-1-5-e3174b39f38a

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KristinaSp , if you need ytd (cumm by year) , then you can use time intelligence

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31")) //last date of yesr is 31 dec

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"3/31")) //last date of year is 31 march

choose date of your choice

Over all cumm -Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[value]),filter(allselected(Table),Table[Date] <=max(Table[Date])))

Power BI — Year on Year with or Without Time Intelligence
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-ytd-questions-time-intelligence-1-5-e3174b39f38a

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.