Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JRHans09
Resolver II
Resolver II

Ctrl + / not working for commenting in DAX

I am no longer able to use Ctrl + / as a keyboard shortcut to comment out sections of code in DAX. Any ideas why this is happening? I have upgraded to the latest version (Oct 2018). After the upgrade, I am now seeing line reference numbers next to each line of code, as well (though maybe this existed previous to Oct update, but I do not remember seeing it). Maybe the two are unrelated, but regardless, it seems that I am not able to use comment keyboard shortcuts. Ultimately, it does not prevent continuing, because manual insert of // still works, but less efficient.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That would be my guess. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
markus_zhang
Advocate III
Advocate III

I think this is a bug. I'm pretty sure, with the most recent version, Ctrl + / still works 5 minutes ago, because I'm testing two pieces of code to see which one is more efficient, so I have to Ctrl + / a lot. Somehow it stops working suddenly. Alt+SHIFT+A still works but unable to remove comments added with Ctrl + /

Update:

It comes back and I figured out what happened.

Basically when you select the rows to comment/uncommet, you cannot select the full top row. For the top row and top row only you have to select the part starting from //, you cannot select the full row. If you select the full row, the color sometimes changes from blue to grey, as if focus leaves the editor.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Huh, never knew that worked before.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-2018-feature-summary/#daxEditor

Latest book!:

Alt + Shift + A used to work, as well. Neither are working, now. Any idea if these were removed or written over with new keyboard shortcuts?

That would be my guess. 

Latest book!:

Cheers. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.