Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Crossing social media data into a table via Power BI

Hello, everyone

So i've been having a problem with storing and managing data in Spreadsheets when extracting a great number of data from each channel (i'm considering FB, IG, YT and TT) via Supermetrics and normalizing them into one big Dashboard spreadsheet - generally it becomes too heavy because of the formulas and my dashboard breaks.

Since this has been happening, i've been trying to import the separate sheets for each channel (FB, IG, TT, YT and my Media Plan) into Power BI and crossing the information inside the tool using a Key - that is basically composed by "Campaign&Channel&Format" - in order to identify the information and cross it.

However, when i put my info togheter in a table or graph it shows me different columns with the same label for "Clicks", for example, when i add my Channel segmentation - in this case, 4 different "Clicks" columns, one for each channel.

My question is: is it possible to import separate channel sheets into PowerBI and normalizing them inside the tool in order for it to bring me these data in a single "Click" column instead of a separate one for each channel?

Thanks for the attention

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

It seems you may try to use 'Append queries' to combine the spreadsheets.Here is the document about this feature.If it is not your case,please share some screenshot about the data and explain more about your expected output so that we could help further on it.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous

Glad to hear the reply is helpful, please accept my reply as solution, that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

It seems you may try to use 'Append queries' to combine the spreadsheets.Here is the document about this feature.If it is not your case,please share some screenshot about the data and explain more about your expected output so that we could help further on it.

Regards,

Cherie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!

It worked out perfectly, thanks a lot (:

Hi @Anonymous

Glad to hear the reply is helpful, please accept my reply as solution, that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.

Regards,

Cherie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.