Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harsh
Helper I
Helper I

Crossfiltering not working

Untitled12.png

Hello all,

As shown in the pic, I have 3 columns and out of that 4 visual representations are created, the problem is if I select in one visual interaction its not reflecting in other it shows "0" count or blank result in other visual interaction, what should I do to make it crossfilterable ?

Note : all the visuals are marked highlighted(not disabled).

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harsh,

Based on your description, when you click sections in the pie chart, other three visuals are not cross highlighted even if you enable Highlight interaction, right?

If so, the issue could be caused by that there are no values in the other three visuals associated with that section in pie chart.
Do you create these visuals using different columns of different tables or a single table? If the underlying fields of these visuals come from different tables, are there any relations between these fields and do you configure proper relationships among the tables? You can follow the instructions in this article to manage relationships in Power BI Desktop.

If the underlying fields of these visuals come from a single table, please help to share sample data of your table to us for further analysis.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for replying, you got it right all the visuals come from a single table.

here's the sample data.

123213241.png

I guess it creates problem since all the visuals comes from the one table.

The workaround I see here is to create pivot or transpose where each question and answer will be column instead of row, I know how to transpose however I don't know how to create a pivot, I 'm not sure what would be better could you please help me with some demonstration ?

Hi @harsh,

Would you mind sharing me the PBIX file? If you need to create PivotTable, you can take a look at the example in this article : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-PivotTable-to-analyze-worksheet-data-a9a84538-bfe9...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.