Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Crossfiltering across pages

Hi I'm starting out with Power BI and I have a simple report in mind, where all my graphs weren't able to fit in one page. So I have the majority of the visuals in one page and a treemap visual that didn't fit in another one. The problem is that in the main page the cross filtering works between the visuals, but when I try to click on my treemap visual and go back to the main page to see the reflected changes, nothing happens.

Here is what I want it to look like, but with the treemap graph in another page 

CesarAlcerreca_0-1603752687336.png

I heard about using the drillthrough mechanic, but it has not the same effect, since when I use it clicking the same part of the treemap as the last one, the following happens:

CesarAlcerreca_1-1603752807930.png

Main problem can be observed comparing the two pie charts, in example 1 (what I want) it shows the proportion of the total, whereas in example 2, it completely starts a new pie chart.

How can I solve this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can put the Treemap in the lower right corner, then create a new page and put the table visual in it.

You can use the table visual page as Tool tips.

Please refer the following document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

Maybe this video will help you use drillthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9lLHDbtDk

Also you can use bookmarks and have the treemap visual in the same page. 

See link below.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMmY0YTk2NDctNTcxMy00ZTNjLThlMWItYjQ0ODY3ZmMyOTU2IiwidCI6IjIyYTc3MDZlLTA4ZTItNDc5Mi05YjA4LWJhNmE5MGRlNzkzMSIsImMiOjl9

If you click buttons 'Linear' or "logarithmic' the charts will auto update. All chart exist in the same page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the covid report! It had a lot of very instructive moments and the bookmarks are a great tool that I didn't know of, but since they are useful to save snapshots of filters in the graphs, I don't think it applies for trying to to fit a different type of visual. Nevertheless thank you for taking the time and helping me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.