Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cross report drillthrough from live SSAS connected report to a sql server report.

Hello,

Is it possible to have a PBI report which has a live SSAS connection (orginal) to then apply a 'cross report drillthrough' to another PBI report (target) which has a data sources from a SQL server import. I've changed the column name in the target report to match the orginal report and I've changed the query name in the target report to match the dimention name in the orginal report. Once deployed there is no option to drill through.

I've done lots of searching and have seen other users have similar issues, is this still the case? The report is all set up correctly in regards to 'cross report' being toggled on in the correct places. Any help appreciated, thank you.

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, you can have a PBI report which has a live SSAS connection (orginal) to then apply a 'cross report drillthrough' to another PBI report (target) which has a data sources from a SQL server import. 

Please check the main points in the official documentation:

The first step in enabling cross-report drillthrough is to validate the data models for the source and target reports. Although the schemas in each report don't have to be the same, the fields you want to pass must exist in both data models. The names of the fields, and the names of the tables they belong to, must be identical. The strings must match, and are case-sensitive.

For example, if you want to pass a filter on a field State within a table US States, both models must have a US States table, and a State field within that table. If not, you must update the field name or table name in the underlying model. Simply updating the display name of the fields won't work properly for cross-report drillthrough.

I think you are ignoring the table name?😀

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.