Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Albsangon1
Frequent Visitor

Cross-report Drillthrough measure with unique dimension

Hello.

I am trying to enable a cross-report drill-through using a measure. 

In one report I have data of policies. In the other one, I have claim data.

Imagine in the first one I have a matrix that shows sales by month. I would like to click on the sales that were made in January and see how many claims they've had this year.

Let me show a example with dummy data.

Report 1:

Albsangon1_0-1671448091385.png  

Albsangon1_1-1671448105741.png  

Albsangon1_2-1671448119370.png

Albsangon1_3-1671448151923.png

Report 2:

Albsangon1_4-1671448262702.png

Albsangon1_6-1671448318155.png

This cross-report drillthrough works fine when Dimension[Policy number] is used as a category. However, as explained, I'd like to use it summarized, and I haven't been able to make it work... but it sounds so simple!! I refuse to believe this is not possible. I simple want PBI to read the count, and pass through the dimension as a list of values!! Do you know any trick to make this work?

Thank you in advance,

Alberto.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Albsangon1 , Not very clear, But do you have the month of sales available in the second report to filter? then only it can filter

Hi Amit.

No, I don't have it, and that's the challenge. I'm looking for a way to make the drill go through policy number. The information is there. In this case, I'd like to pass the filter "Dimension[Policy number] in {1,2}.

Surely there must be some workaround it?! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.