Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NikkiSavage
Helper II
Helper II

Cross reference to another table with multiple lines for the same customer and multiple dates

Hi.

I have two tables - one has data in it relating to customers, incidents and dates. Some customers have multiple incidents so they can be in multiple rows of data. The other table shows movements of customers and the dates they moved. I want to add a new column to my first table which detects whether a customer has gone to hospital only (within movement column) for falls only (within incident column) within 2 days of the incident occurring. Example tables are below for current and expected data:

Current Data
Table 1 Table 2
Customer CodeIncidentDate Customer CodeMovementDate
XYZFall21/05/2021 XYZHospital23/05/2021
XYZBurn9/04/2021 XYZHospital11/11/2020
XYZFall11/01/2021 XYZOther9/09/2020
ABCFall20/04/2021 ABCOther1/01/2021
ABCLaceration29/12/2020 FGHHospital3/03/2021

Expected Data      
Table 1   
Customer CodeIncidentDateHospital within 2 days  
XYZFall21/05/2021Yes   
XYZBurn9/04/2021No   
XYZFall11/01/2021No   
ABCFall20/04/2021No   
ABCLaceration29/12/2020No   
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @NikkiSavage 

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below.

Picture1.png

Hospital Within 2 days CC =
VAR currentcustomer = 'Table 1'[Customer Code]
RETURN
IF (
'Table 1'[Incident] = "Fall"
&& COUNTROWS (
FILTER (
'Table 2',
'Table 2'[Customer Code] = currentcustomer
&& 'Table 2'[Movement] = "Hospital"
&& 'Table 2'[Date] >= 'Table 1'[Date]
&& 'Table 2'[Date] <= 'Table 1'[Date] + 2
)
) > 0,
"Yes",
"No"
)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/leic0stepdpk5lj/nikki.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@NikkiSavage add new column using following expression:

Moved to Hospital in 2 days = 
VAR __days = 2
VAR __incidentDate = Incident[Date]
RETURN
IF (
    Incident[Incident] = "Fall" &&
    CALCULATE (
        COUNTROWS ( Movement ),
        TREATAS ( VALUES ( Incident[Customer Code] ), Movement[Customer Code] ),
        Movement[Date] >= __incidentDate,
        Movement[Date] <= ( __incidentDate + __days )
    ),
    "Yes",
    "No"
)

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@NikkiSavage add new column using following expression:

Moved to Hospital in 2 days = 
VAR __days = 2
VAR __incidentDate = Incident[Date]
RETURN
IF (
    Incident[Incident] = "Fall" &&
    CALCULATE (
        COUNTROWS ( Movement ),
        TREATAS ( VALUES ( Incident[Customer Code] ), Movement[Customer Code] ),
        Movement[Date] >= __incidentDate,
        Movement[Date] <= ( __incidentDate + __days )
    ),
    "Yes",
    "No"
)

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @NikkiSavage 

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below.

Picture1.png

Hospital Within 2 days CC =
VAR currentcustomer = 'Table 1'[Customer Code]
RETURN
IF (
'Table 1'[Incident] = "Fall"
&& COUNTROWS (
FILTER (
'Table 2',
'Table 2'[Customer Code] = currentcustomer
&& 'Table 2'[Movement] = "Hospital"
&& 'Table 2'[Date] >= 'Table 1'[Date]
&& 'Table 2'[Date] <= 'Table 1'[Date] + 2
)
) > 0,
"Yes",
"No"
)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/leic0stepdpk5lj/nikki.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.