Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cross-highlight using multiple series not working on March 2017 update

Awesome new feature on the March 2017 update, but unfortunately I could not replicate the function as shown in the video.
At 12:00 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaRTON3lJqw
What are the basic settings for this feature to work? Only text fileds? Only text-and-number fields? I tried all...

I also tried clicking while holding Ctrl, Shift, Alt, or a combo between these keys.

Do I need to enable something at the Options menu? I checked but could not see anything like it.

At the video above, while showing the feature, Format options are showing instead of Fields, so I could not see the data that was used.

I am using Power BI PT-BR version on Win7 HomePremium SP1 x64.

11 REPLIES 11
manleung

I found that it does not work with "Live connection". Seems only work with "Import" connection type.

Interesting, I didnt know it does not work with live connections

paulag
Advocate I
Advocate I

this feature is in preview and you need to turn it on.  Once you have updated to the latest release, go to file, options and settings, settings and then under global settings select preview features

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, I didn´t know that. but I enabled it and still cannot make it work. so i keep waiting for another solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ops... sorry, I double checked the options and I think there is no option available for me to enable the cross-highlight function...

could you please provide a print-screen from the english version and the correct option to be enabled? (I´m using PT-BR version...)

Anonymous
Not applicable

just for test, I installed the english version of PBI. I see all the same options available, none of them about the cross highlighting...

Hi @Anonymous,

I just tested it with the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.44.4675.521 64-bit (March 2017) English). The Cross-highlight using multiple series option works all fine on my environment(Both Import and DirectQuery, and Live Connection).

What's your data source? What visual are you trying to use this option on?

Could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using some CSV files. I am testing under all column charts. Still no success.

Could someone please make a step-by-step on how to enable this?
So far, I understood it is under options...

Hi @Anonymous,

Could someone please make a step-by-step on how to enable this?
So far, I understood it is under options...

Based on my test, I don't think there is an option to enable/disable the cross-highlight using multiple series feature on Power BI Desktop. It should work by default(just holding Ctrl, and select the columns on the column chart).

If your issue persists, I would suggest you create a ticket on Power BI Support to get better assistance on this issue.Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can select multiple columns using ctrl+click, but this is not my problem.
but I cannot select single segments like shown in the update video.
if there are 3 segments in one single column, i cannot select only one segment, but only the whole column.
at the video, she can click on single segments of one column.
11:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaRTON3lJqw 

Anonymous
Not applicable

when I first saw this issue, it was after I updated to the latest version, March 06 2017. But today I see there is another version from March 09 2017. I could not find the update log, bug fixes etc.

anyway, I still cannot use the cross-highlight feature...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.