Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jpodBerlin
Frequent Visitor

Cross filtering ignore parts of filter logic?

Hello,
Is it possible to deactivate parts of cross filtering logic? The problem: In a matrix table, there are several columns with monthly data. and there are several rows of  data. In this test example three contintents, drillable down to countries and cities.

This data is also displayed in a line chart.

crossfilter1.JPG
What I want is a matrix, which only displays data from latest month (here May), but in the line chart with all month's data on x-axis (here March to May). Using a normal crossdrill results in displaying only the data for the last month, which is filtered and displayed in the matrix table. So there is just one data point in line chart.

I've tested some dax logic using the calculate function with ALL parameter which should ignore /deactivate any filters.

Amount Test All = CALCULATE(SUM(test_crossfilter[Amount]);All(test_crossfilter))

However this does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks....

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jpodBerlin,

You may try adding measures to Visual level filters.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Sam,

thanks for your proposal. Maybe I didn't understand it correctly. What I've done so far with visual level filters is a filter on matrix to display only current month's data. (relative date filtering). The line chart has no visual filter on date. Every month should be displaye.

But this results in the described problem. Crossfiltering it results just in May's data (of course).

What is meant with "measures" in your reply?

crossfilter2.JPGThere must be some DAX solution to allow crossfiltering on only one dimension (here: Continent) and ignore another (here: date_month).

Thanks, Matthias

Hi there, have you found a solutionf for this? I've been struggling to find a solution to this filter behaviour as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.