Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cross-filtering anomaly- Urgent help needed!

Hi Folks, 

In the dashboard image below- you'd see that for a given code- the trips are mentioned.

Like for the code that ends in 5303- the number of trips are 47. However, in the backend data- there are only 3 trips.

Why would this show 47? Oddly enough, if i search for that code- it shows the correct trip number 3 as shown in teh 2nd image,

Gguliani_2-1600969460318.png

Gguliani_1-1600968722087.png

Please suggest- what's going on, i am on a timer for this one. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for quick response. 

I found teh solution- The reason was that i was using Matrix for that visual and expecting results to behave in a Table format!

My results were showing incorrectly as i had set up Code to read as "First Code" and the results were correct when drilled down but not on surface. So, Table would be the best visualization for me here!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

are you joining tables via a relationship?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for quick response. 

I found teh solution- The reason was that i was using Matrix for that visual and expecting results to behave in a Table format!

My results were showing incorrectly as i had set up Code to read as "First Code" and the results were correct when drilled down but not on surface. So, Table would be the best visualization for me here!

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

Can you please provide information on:

1) the model: structure (an image helps; a view of relationships is also very useful)

2) detail measures involved in the rogue calculation

3) fields used in the visual itself (and in the context of the model: dimension tables, fact tables..)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.