cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Cross-filtering anomaly- Urgent help needed!

Hi Folks, 

In the dashboard image below- you'd see that for a given code- the trips are mentioned.

Like for the code that ends in 5303- the number of trips are 47. However, in the backend data- there are only 3 trips.

Why would this show 47? Oddly enough, if i search for that code- it shows the correct trip number 3 as shown in teh 2nd image,

Gguliani_2-1600969460318.png

Gguliani_1-1600968722087.png

Please suggest- what's going on, i am on a timer for this one. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Cross-filtering anomaly- Urgent help needed!

Thanks for quick response. 

I found teh solution- The reason was that i was using Matrix for that visual and expecting results to behave in a Table format!

My results were showing incorrectly as i had set up Code to read as "First Code" and the results were correct when drilled down but not on surface. So, Table would be the best visualization for me here!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Cross-filtering anomaly- Urgent help needed!

@Gguliani 

 

Can you please provide information on:

1) the model: structure (an image helps; a view of relationships is also very useful)

2) detail measures involved in the rogue calculation

3) fields used in the visual itself (and in the context of the model: dimension tables, fact tables..)





Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.






Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Cross-filtering anomaly- Urgent help needed!

are you joining tables via a relationship?




Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!




Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Cross-filtering anomaly- Urgent help needed!

Thanks for quick response. 

I found teh solution- The reason was that i was using Matrix for that visual and expecting results to behave in a Table format!

My results were showing incorrectly as i had set up Code to read as "First Code" and the results were correct when drilled down but not on surface. So, Table would be the best visualization for me here!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors