Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cross Report only working one way

Hi

I seem to be having an issue where my Cross Report is only working in one direction. Is there any rules in relation to the relationship type between the "Table" and "Field" used for cross report puprosese? I have tried reading the documentation, but it doesnt seem to mention anything specifically about this.

Relationship Examples between models:

One :: Many - Drills from left to right

Many :: One - Drills from right to left

One :: One - Drills both ways

Any help on this would be greately recieved, as I would prefer not to re-engineer my data model 🙂

Thanks

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Although that is the case for setting up a data model for a singluar dashboard/report. I am looking to find out more about when drill through to a different dashboard within the same workspace.

At the moment I have dashboard A & B both with a table in their data model called "Examples1". I want to drill between them based on column "Name". Although I seem to be able to drill through from A to B, I cant drill from B to A.

This is what I am looking to understand and hopefully resolve.

Thanks

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can see the direction of relationship which is usually from one side of the relationship to the “many” side of it. the direction of a relationship means filtering. You can edit relationships and set direction to Both in your Many-to-One and One-to-Many models, then you will have two ways.

But you should not do this all the time. The both-directional relationship has a significant drawback about performance.

You can refer to this document: https://radacad.com/what-is-the-direction-of-relationship-in-power-bi

Note: This link contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Eads

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.