Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mamsteroonie
Helper I
Helper I

Cross Report Drill Through

I have cross report drill through working well between two reports.  If I cross report drill through from the source, and there is a category that is already selected in the target, it overrides that category with the source report.  AMAZING.

For some reason this same behavior does not work with the date!  Same calendar table in both reports, same field.  But if I drill through from the source with 2021, it will still be 2022 in the target report, even though you can see the drill through filter on teh right is 2021.  This is because the source report is defaulted to 2022 but I thought cross report drill through could override this like it does the other filters.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?  If you clear the 2022 filter at the top of the target report, you'll see the correct drill through filters populate for 2021.  I have no idea why this would be different from the other filters.

6 REPLIES 6
mamsteroonie
Helper I
Helper I

Both calendar tables are literally identical.  I did a copy and paste from advanced editor from one to the other.  same names, same field name.  I did add a few columns to the table in the source dashboard, but that shouldn't matter.

Hi @mamsteroonie ,

I build a sample to have a test. I add Date and Category column in Drill through field. Please check your Drill through field. My sample works well.

1.png

Result:

2.png

You can download my sample, then get another copy and publish them to Power BI Service to have a test. Then compare mine with yours and find the difference.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry for all of the replies!  Just wanted to share one more thing I noticed.  When I converted the year back to at able instead of a slicer in the Target report....the drill through worked.  

It appears to be an issue with having the year in a slicer.  I wonder why???

So I just downloaded your power bi, saved two copies, published....and tried to do the same thing.  Made the Year a drop down filter defaulted on 2022 for the target.  Then made the year a drop down filter and selected 2021.  Then tried to drill through and it did not override the 2022 filter. 

This is driving me crazy!  I want to fix this so bad.  Thanks for trying to help.

I got really excited because no, I didn't put the Year in the drill through well....I only have measures in there....but when I published and tried your solution, it still didn't work.  Notice the filter at top is defaulted to 2022 and the drill through is not overriding it.

mamsteroonie_0-1643809350234.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Exactly same table names and same column names?  Same data model link type?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.