Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MichaelDoig
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cross Report Drill Through with target report using single-select slicer

Hi all,

Curious one. 

We have a Customer "Dashboard" Report driven by a single select slicer. You can either select the Customer ID from the drop down or search to find before selecting the customer. It is important that it is a single select slicer to preserve the integrity of a single view of a single customer. 

Now.

It is also the target report for Cross Report Drill through. 

Several other reports, those that list one or many customers and their metrics, serve as source reports to drill through to the aforementioned Customer Report. Everything we want, including passing all the filters through, work a charm. What doesn't work is setting the Target report single select slicer. What happens is, when landing on the target report, some other default customer is selected and all the visuals are therefore blank. When you click the drop down for the Customer selection, you can see two entries only: 

1. The default customer id

2. The customer id that was passed across the cross report drill through

What this means for an end user is that after they cross report drill through, they then have to select that customer again from the target customer single select slicer. It is not a good experience.

A better experience would be the single select slicer maintaining the full list of customers, but the customer id passed across becomes selected.

Has anyone bumped into this and/or solved this?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
wjkolesar
Advocate II
Advocate II

@MichaelDoig were you able to find a solution for this?

@wjkolesar unfortunately no. We ended up only passing across the CustomerID instead of all the slicer selections and exposing the filter pane, training users to clear the filter pane before using the Customer Dashboard for other Customers. 

Losing the drill through for date ranges and other selections was a shame. 

What was also a shame is Community Support either not reading my problem properly or just not understanding the product well enough. I never asked about drill through. I asked about CROSS REPORT drill through. You can't sync slicers across reports @v-chenwuz-msft... 

MichaelDoig
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi there,

That's not actually what I am looking for. I am looking for Cross Report Drill Through to control the slicer on the landing report. 

Hi @MichaelDoig 

Badly understand landing report? Is that origanl page for user to drill through?

By default, the fields are passed to target page when cross report drill through. These filters will be applied at the target report, even if the the slicer is not be selected.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichaelDoig ,

Maybe you can use Sync Slicer.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1637546474064.png

This will allow you to keep filter between pages. Select the checkbox of the page you want to keep filters.

vchenwuzmsft_1-1637546548882.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.