Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mboyd96
Regular Visitor

Cross Filtering a table with Gantt chart

I'm pulling in data from Azure DevOps and displaying it in a Gantt 2.0.2 chart. I seem to have the parent-child heirarchy set up correctly - Epics are parents, features, stories, tasks, etc are the children. This is set up using a join on the "Parent Work Item" field from an analytics view in Azure Devops, to get all work items to roll up to an epic. I also have a table below the chart, to show all work items and more details than just the gantt chart. 

1.png

I'd like to click on a segment in the Gantt chart, and have the table cross-filter to all work items belonging to that epic, in the collapsed/rolled up view. Seems like that should be the behavior. However, it is only showing 1 work item when I select a segment in the chart, not all of them. I made sure that all table values are set to "dont summarize". Is there a way to accomplish this?

2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mboyd96 

As tested, it is the same as yours on my side.

I'm afraid it is by default.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mboyd96 

As tested, it is the same as yours on my side.

I'm afraid it is by default.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I understand "it is by default" (at leas for now)... but I have the same problem and I need a way to overcome this - is there a workaround or an ideea to vote so maybe would be implemented?... because it seems that it should not be "the default" or "by design"... because this is the way the user is used to work with in Power BI - just click on the visual element... and the "related" visual will get filtered... 😉

Kind Regards,

Lucian

So there's no way to work around this? My solution currently is to just use the heirarchy slicer, but being able to click on the Gantt would be nice as well. Thanks for your reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.