Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndyTrezise
Helper II
Helper II

Cross Filter / Slicer Select All

I have a scenario where I want to filter a table using two seperate slicers.

In this scenario, I expect that 'Select All' on the low level slicer should only select those made visible by the high level slicer???

Wrong - using 'Select All' PBI opens up all items regardless of whether another filter may hide them. I can click indivual items in the lower slicer to get the desired result but what's the point of that - there could be many clicks however when I really just want one - I suppose I need a way to 'Select All Filtered'?

The inherent visua does not provide this functionality - is there another out there that does?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess your the two columns used in these two slicers are from different tables. 

If this is the case, check the relationship between these two tables, and make sure the Cross filter direction are both. This should make the lower level slicers only show values visible by the high level slicer

2018-07-05_14-02-42.png

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @AndyTrezise,

You can modify interaction to only allow high level slicer to filter on low level filter.

If you apply filter on high level filter, these filter effect will also appears on other one, the low level filter not affect other one.

Dark Visualization interactions in a Power BI report

In addition, you can also turn on high level filter effect on page or report level filter, low level slicer will display items who suitable page/report level filter.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.