Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CRamirez Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Cross-Filter Highlight Disappearing

Hello!

I have a report on the Desktop where I am using bookmarks to have a "filter page" overlay pop up when selecting a filter button. One of the filters on this overlay page relies on cross-filter highlighting to filter the below table in the report.

The intended purpose is for users to select between Item Families & Items in a matrix on the filter overlay to filter the Customer Table below. This is working wonderfully and exactly how I expect it to work; I select the intended Item Family or Item and the Customer list is filtered upon exiting the filter page overlay.

The issue I am experiencing and will likely cause confusion with my users is that upon re-entering the filter page overlay, the Item matrix no longer displays the highlighted selection although it is still active. Users have to then double-click their previous selection in order to turn it on then off again before being able to choose a new item. This is not very intuitive and will likely cause problems.

I believe the highlighted selection in the Item matrix should remain highlighted so long as it is actively filtering other visuals on the report.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Cross-Filter Highlight Disappearing

Hi @CRamirez

Here is a document for your reference. If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea here.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CRamirez Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Cross-Filter Highlight Disappearing

@v-cherch-msft,

I'm not sure this is how the feature is supposed to work though and I believe it to be a bug.