Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Credential Issues

I am getting data from OData and have created multiple reports on a daily basis. All of a sudden today when I tried to select "Recent Sources" it is greyed out. When I select "Get Data" and then OData and connect to the source it gives me an error "Cannot authenticate credentials". I also tried a different set of credentials that have access to the sharepoint site and again the same issue.

I can however refresh my other reports using the same credentials and no issue occurs, it is just when I try to connect to the source from scratch.

Please help.

Kind Regards

Jeremy

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Clear permissions in data source settings and try the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply,

I forgot to mention that I am using the the latest version and also tried clearing the credentials on current reports.

What is weird is that it is happening with "new" blank reports as well. It doesn't allow me to connect to the data source.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Jeremy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.