Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Credential Inquiry | Connecting to Sharepoint Resources

How are you connecting to Sharepoint (eg Sharepoint folder) without having to worry about O365 password expiry. For example if password expires I would have to change/update my query.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

The credential isn't stored in the queries. So we can't use a trick like parameters. Actually, if the password expired, the only thing we can do is updating it with a new one. I think the best way is keeping the password valid. But that could violate the safety policy. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

The credential isn't stored in the queries. So we can't use a trick like parameters. Actually, if the password expired, the only thing we can do is updating it with a new one. I think the best way is keeping the password valid. But that could violate the safety policy. 

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.