Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Creation of column 'grouping time' from another column where I record 'time entry'

Hello Good day! I have the following situation that I do not know how to address:

1-I have a column where the hours of entry are recorded called 'time entry'
2 - from the column of 'time entry' I want to create another column where I take the 'Time of entry' and group it in another column 'grouping Time' in the following way example:

-if 'time entry' is for example between 8:00 and 8:29 that brings me to the column 'group Time' 8:00
-if 'time entry' is for example between 8:30 and 9:00 that brings me to the column 'group Time' 9:00
-if 'time entry' is for example between 9:00 and 9:29 that brings me to the column 'group Time' 9:00
-if 'time entry' is for example between 9:30 and 10:00 that brings me to the column 'group Time' 10:00 and so on with the hours that I register in the column 'time entry'.

it is possible to create this condition in some way

It would help me a lot!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In that case divide the result of formula by 24 and change type to Time

ikor42_0-1634915146037.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you very much for responding shortly!!!
I tell him that the solution works with the formula that I give myself, but I need to adjust it so that the time is displayed in this way hh:mm (example: 8:00) but it only shows me the Time in a single digit as shown in the attached image.

wzuniga_0-1634913545241.png

ikor42
Regular Visitor

Hi,
try to use next formula for new calculated column:

group Time =
IF (
MINUTE ( Time_table[Time entry] ) < 30,
HOUR ( Time_table[Time entry] ),
HOUR ( Time_table[Time entry] ) + 1
)

Thank you very much for responding shortly!!!
I tell him that the solution works with the formula that I give myself, but I need to adjust it so that the time is displayed in this way hh:mm (example: 8:00) but it only shows me the Time in a single digit as shown in the attached image.

wzuniga_1-1634913800782.png

In that case divide the result of formula by 24 and change type to Time

ikor42_0-1634915146037.png

Thankful! your response to worked wonders!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.