cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Creation of column 'grouping time' from another column where I record 'time entry'

Hello Good day! I have the following situation that I do not know how to address:

1-I have a column where the hours of entry are recorded called 'time entry'
2 - from the column of 'time entry' I want to create another column where I take the 'Time of entry' and group it in another column 'grouping Time' in the following way example:

-if 'time entry' is for example between 8:00 and 8:29 that brings me to the column 'group Time' 8:00
-if 'time entry' is for example between 8:30 and 9:00 that brings me to the column 'group Time' 9:00
-if 'time entry' is for example between 9:00 and 9:29 that brings me to the column 'group Time' 9:00
-if 'time entry' is for example between 9:30 and 10:00 that brings me to the column 'group Time' 10:00 and so on with the hours that I register in the column 'time entry'.

it is possible to create this condition in some way

It would help me a lot!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In that case divide the result of formula by 24 and change type to Time

ikor42_0-1634915146037.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you very much for responding shortly!!!
I tell him that the solution works with the formula that I give myself, but I need to adjust it so that the time is displayed in this way hh:mm (example: 8:00) but it only shows me the Time in a single digit as shown in the attached image.

wzuniga_0-1634913545241.png

ikor42
Regular Visitor

Hi,
try to use next formula for new calculated column:

group Time =
IF (
MINUTE ( Time_table[Time entry] ) < 30,
HOUR ( Time_table[Time entry] ),
HOUR ( Time_table[Time entry] ) + 1
)

Thank you very much for responding shortly!!!
I tell him that the solution works with the formula that I give myself, but I need to adjust it so that the time is displayed in this way hh:mm (example: 8:00) but it only shows me the Time in a single digit as shown in the attached image.

wzuniga_1-1634913800782.png

In that case divide the result of formula by 24 and change type to Time

ikor42_0-1634915146037.png

View solution in original post

Thankful! your response to worked wonders!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.