Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KenHardwick
Frequent Visitor

Creating table that shows specific customers under sales category and a total for all others

Hello,

I am trying to create a table in Power BI that shows me the sales category in the rows field which then drills down into the customers within those category's and then only shows certain customers with all the rest being the balancing figure. I have the table working but not sure on how to do the selection.

Same category's might have 10 customers that we want to track currently while others might only have 2 so cannot do a top 10 for example.

Also, the customers will not always be the same. Next week we might want to track other customers so the selection should be easy to change.

What is the best way to achieve this in Power BI for a newbie.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KenHardwick

I'm afraid that i cannot full understand that. Did you use slicer to filter the special customers and then change the total value? Below is a post for your reference. If it is not your case, could you share some data sample and expected output? 

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Switch-DAX-rebate-based-on-cumulative-measure/m-p/514547#M2...

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.