Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johnbradbury
Helper III
Helper III

Creating relationships between two tables

I'm trying to create a relationship between a two columns across multiple tables.

Request Types = Details of the request types/services we offer [Unique list]

Current = Individual transactions of the services we've provided

Capture.PNG

I want to use the 'Request Type' table to lookup additional details.

When I try to create the relationship I recieve this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Due to the fact that the query editor (M) is case sensitive, while DAX isn't, you can run into problems here if you have spelling differences who just rely in cases: Although you remove dups in the editor, your list will not be unique for the model.

Check out this method as a workaround: http://www.thebiccountant.com/2015/08/17/create-a-dimension-table-with-power-query-avoid-the-bug/

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Due to the fact that the query editor (M) is case sensitive, while DAX isn't, you can run into problems here if you have spelling differences who just rely in cases: Although you remove dups in the editor, your list will not be unique for the model.

Check out this method as a workaround: http://www.thebiccountant.com/2015/08/17/create-a-dimension-table-with-power-query-avoid-the-bug/

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.