Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddogp
Regular Visitor

Creating new table

Hi there,

New to PBI and to this forum.

I'm working with a data model in which I don't have access to establish or edit existing relationships.

There's no option to Manage Relationships, nor Make a Table.

I want to establish  a new relationship between two tables that wasn't done in the original model.

Is there a way to do this?  For example, through a series of DAX commands in New Measure?  Or any other way?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@maddogp if you don't have access to the data model you cannot make changes to it, but with the new DQ over the model, you can bring other data in connection to the existing data model. read it here

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@maddogp as far as it worked for you, that's all matter. Once you are happy with the solution, just accept the respective solution so that others can take advantage of it.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

maddogp
Regular Visitor

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the solution!

parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@maddogp if you don't have access to the data model you cannot make changes to it, but with the new DQ over the model, you can bring other data in connection to the existing data model. read it here

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors