Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mshaffer

Creating new Calculated Table DAX FIRSTDATE has duplicate dates. That is not supported

Trying to create a calulated table that summarizes the dates by incidentID but keeping getting error of duplicate dates passed to FIRSTDATE even when I use the DISTINCT Function on those dates.  Not sure what is causing it as I can't debug the DAX statement at all DistinctDatesTable.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Resolved my issue through another route.  Made arelationship bi-directional and then used the FIRSTNONBLANK function to grab the acknowledge date.  Then mapped the AcknowledgeDate, MitigatedDate, and ResolvedDate to my table with a single status per incident.

Here is the DAX expression I used. Admittedly  I'm still a novice at using DAX expressions so I may still not be doing the most efficent method but it's working.

AcknowledgeDate1 = FIRSTNONBLANK('ArgusDevTeam ICM (All Status Changes)'[AcknowledgeDate], [AcknowledgeDate])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@mshaffer,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue.
Table = ADDCOLUMNS(SUMMARIZE(Table1,Table1[Type]),"FirstDate",FIRSTDATE(DISTINCT(Table1[Date])))
Capture.PNG

Please provide us some sample data, so that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Resolved my issue through another route.  Made arelationship bi-directional and then used the FIRSTNONBLANK function to grab the acknowledge date.  Then mapped the AcknowledgeDate, MitigatedDate, and ResolvedDate to my table with a single status per incident.

Here is the DAX expression I used. Admittedly  I'm still a novice at using DAX expressions so I may still not be doing the most efficent method but it's working.

AcknowledgeDate1 = FIRSTNONBLANK('ArgusDevTeam ICM (All Status Changes)'[AcknowledgeDate], [AcknowledgeDate])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.