Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paulien1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Creating larger tables from Google Analytics

Hi everyone,

Currently I'm working with data from Google Analytics in Power BI. Anyone who's done this before, knows what a pain GA's API can be... When getting data, you have to manually construct a table that may consist of no more than 7 dimensions and 10 metrics. Which is giving me problems.

I need to add tables with sometimes more than 10 dimensions. I tried appending queries, but then the data from one query will all turn out as null.

Is there a way to work around these API limitations and create whatever tables I want with Google Analytics data?

Important note: I have to always include Date and Client ID in every single table (so that's two dimensions already).

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, If you don´t mind me asking how did you get Client ID? I fully agree with you on API limits. Found a link that explains a little https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/realtime/v3/limits-quotas.

Kr DouglasEmil

@Anonymous - were you able to get the ClientID from GA. Im making a basic visual in PBi connecting to GA but cant identify a unique ID to link all the data through all the dimensions in there. Can you help?

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Paulien1989

Since it's Google Analytics API limitation, it can't help too much from reporting tools side to slice the source model with more that 7 dimensions. I suggest you make a feature request to Google Analytics:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/help/

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.