Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atharvaunde59
Frequent Visitor

Creating custom Radar chart

Hello Community,

Am new to PowerBI and looking forwward to create a custom Radar chart using custom visual published by Microsoft.

Capture.PNG

👆this is how my data structure looks like.

I want to create a chart in which different subjects like (Discrete_Mathematics_OE, Discrete_Mathematics_TH, Discrete_Mathematics_OE_TH) will be on axis and the marks scored by the student will be shown on them.

Is it possible?

because of some constraints i cant change the structure of the data as have almost 60 columns and 250+ rows.

Any help will be appriciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi atharvaunde59,

Did you try this in Edit Queries in PowerBI(choose all subjects columns and click unpivot column)? Or you also could  transform data structure by query when you load in PowerBI, you could use union all in mysql to unpivot column. You could refer to Unpivot Function  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, if I understand you correctly, it's something like this you want to achieve? 

radarchart.PNG

You can go to the marketplace and download the certified "Radar Chart". 
You're visual should look something like this:

visual.png

Let me know if this helps you.

Ok, finally i decided to restructured my data.

Now I want some suggetions for the same. I want to store data exam marks of thousands of students. Each student will be having 50+ columns for marks of different subjects.

Previously i was using all subjects in columns and student name as rows. Is there any better way to make it so i can design spider chart easily?

am using MySQL , is it ok? or should i switch to Mongo?

Hi atharvaunde59,

Did you try this in Edit Queries in PowerBI(choose all subjects columns and click unpivot column)? Or you also could  transform data structure by query when you load in PowerBI, you could use union all in mysql to unpivot column. You could refer to Unpivot Function  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My bad, i forgot to add detailed issue in my OP.

actually i am using a slicer that selectes marks and shows into cards after seletcting name as below

Capture.PNG

now as per your instructions i added slicer there but it is showing something like this 

Capture.PNG

I'm unable to remove that "count / first" of that variable. Am i missing something?

The arrtibutes that am trying to add except Name are set as 

Capture.PNG

is my issue related to this formatting ? 

Hi atharvaunde59,

You could convert table structure like below by M code and use chart like below

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSlTSUTI1BRJmFkDCwlQpVidaKQnCBAqCCEsDsGAykGkO4pubg6SNwYIpIEUGIL4hiDBSio0FAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [name = _t, #"course A" = _t, #"course B" = _t, #"course C" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"name", type text}, {"course A", Int64.Type}, {"course B", Int64.Type}, {"course C", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Unpivoted Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"name"}, "Attribute", "Value")
in
    #"Unpivoted Columns"

534.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Actually am not getting anything, specially the code. Is there any way to get started with these queries?

Hi atharvaunde59, 

You could click Get Data->Blank Query, then click advance editor and paste below query in it. Or in your sample, you could choose course columns , the click Transform->unpivot column in Edit Queries. Then use attribute and value in chart

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

tried it but not working 😞 as am not familier with DAX at all

will it be possible to create one measure if i share my project file here?

Hi,

Share some data and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

@Ashish_Mathur  this is my data

NoSeat_NoNameDiscrete_Mathematics_OEDiscrete_Mathematics_THDiscrete_Mathematics_OE_THDiscrete_Mathematics_TWDiscrete_Mathematics_ORDiscrete_Mathematics_PRDiscrete_Mathematics_TotDiscrete_Mathematics_CrdDiscrete_Mathematics_GrdDiscrete_Mathematics_Crd_PtsDiscrete_Mathematics_Grd_PtsDELD_OEDELD_THDELD_OE_THDELD_TWDELD_ORDELD_PRDELD_TotDELD_CrdDELD_GrdDELD_Crd_PtsDELD_Grd_PtsDSA_OEDSA_THDSA_OE_THDSA_TWDSA_ORDSA_PRDSA_TotDSA_CrdDSA_GrdDSA_Crd_PtsDSA_Grd_PtsCOA_OECOA_THCOA_OE_THCOA_TWCOA_ORCOA_PRCOA_TotCOA_CrdCOA_GrdCOA_Crd_PtsCOA_Grd_PtsOOP_OEOOP_THOOP_OE_THOOP_TWOOP_OROOP_PROOP_TotOOP_CrdOOP_GrdOOP_Crd_PtsOOP_Grd_PtsDELD_LAB_OEDELD_LAB_THDELD_LAB_OE_THDELD_LAB_TWDELD_LAB_ORDELD_LAB_PRDELD_LAB_TotDELD_LAB_CrdDELD_LAB_GrdDELD_LAB_Crd_PtsDELD_LAB_Grd_PtsDSA_LAB_OEDSA_LAB_THDSA_LAB_OE_THDSA_LAB_TWDSA_LAB_ORDSA_LAB_PRDSA_LAB_TotDSA_LAB_CrdDSA_LAB_GrdDSA_LAB_Crd_PtsDSA_LAB_Grd_PtsOOP_LAB_OEOOP_LAB_THOOP_LAB_OE_THOOP_LAB_TWOOP_LAB_OROOP_LAB_PROOP_LAB_TotOOP_LAB_CrdOOP_LAB_GrdOOP_LAB_Crd_PtsOOP_LAB_Grd_PtsSoft_Skills_OESoft_Skills_THSoft_Skills_OE_THSoft_Skills_TWSoft_Skills_ORSoft_Skills_PRSoft_Skills_TotSoft_Skills_CrdSoft_Skills_GrdSoft_Skills_Crd_PtsSoft_Skills_Grd_PtsAudit_Course_GradeSGPAPercentageResultClass
cS150334201A M PRAJWAL282755NANANA554B+728272047NANANA474C520222042NANANA424P416202040NANANA404P416182745NANANA454C520NANANA20NA30671A88NANANA21NA25612A816NANANA20NA38771A+99NANANA21NANA841O1010PP00.00FailFail

am using a slicer on the name field so that on choosing name from slicer, it fetches data of that selected student in the individual cards

on same page i want to add spider chart while will have following sub 

Discrete_Mathamatics_OE

Discrete_Mathamatics_TH

Discrete_Mathamatics_OE_TH etc ....

on different axis so that it will show marks of the student whose name is selected from the slicer 

Hi,

I do not understand your requirement.  Perhaps someone else will help you.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

NoSeat_NoNameDiscrete_Mathematics_OEDiscrete_Mathematics_THDiscrete_Mathematics_OE_THDiscrete_Mathematics_TWDiscrete_Mathematics_ORDiscrete_Mathematics_PRDiscrete_Mathematics_TotDiscrete_Mathematics_CrdDiscrete_Mathematics_GrdDiscrete_Mathematics_Crd_PtsDiscrete_Mathematics_Grd_PtsDELD_OEDELD_THDELD_OE_THDELD_TWDELD_ORDELD_PRDELD_TotDELD_CrdDELD_GrdDELD_Crd_PtsDELD_Grd_PtsDSA_OEDSA_THDSA_OE_THDSA_TWDSA_ORDSA_PRDSA_TotDSA_CrdDSA_GrdDSA_Crd_PtsDSA_Grd_PtsCOA_OECOA_THCOA_OE_THCOA_TWCOA_ORCOA_PRCOA_TotCOA_CrdCOA_GrdCOA_Crd_PtsCOA_Grd_PtsOOP_OEOOP_THOOP_OE_THOOP_TWOOP_OROOP_PROOP_TotOOP_CrdOOP_GrdOOP_Crd_PtsOOP_Grd_PtsDELD_LAB_OEDELD_LAB_THDELD_LAB_OE_THDELD_LAB_TWDELD_LAB_ORDELD_LAB_PRDELD_LAB_TotDELD_LAB_CrdDELD_LAB_GrdDELD_LAB_Crd_PtsDELD_LAB_Grd_PtsDSA_LAB_OEDSA_LAB_THDSA_LAB_OE_THDSA_LAB_TWDSA_LAB_ORDSA_LAB_PRDSA_LAB_TotDSA_LAB_CrdDSA_LAB_GrdDSA_LAB_Crd_PtsDSA_LAB_Grd_PtsOOP_LAB_OEOOP_LAB_THOOP_LAB_OE_THOOP_LAB_TWOOP_LAB_OROOP_LAB_PROOP_LAB_TotOOP_LAB_CrdOOP_LAB_GrdOOP_LAB_Crd_PtsOOP_LAB_Grd_PtsSoft_Skills_OESoft_Skills_THSoft_Skills_OE_THSoft_Skills_TWSoft_Skills_ORSoft_Skills_PRSoft_Skills_TotSoft_Skills_CrdSoft_Skills_GrdSoft_Skills_Crd_PtsSoft_Skills_Grd_PtsAudit_Course_GradeSGPAPercentageResultClass
1S150334201A M PRAJWAL282755NANANA554B+728272047NANANA474C520222042NANANA424P416202040NANANA404P416182745NANANA454C520NANANA20NA30671A88NANANA21NA25612A816NANANA20NA38771A+99NANANA21NANA841O1010PP00.00FailFail

@Ashish_Mathur  This is my data. 

I am using a slicer on name to fetch data of each student into individual cards.

On the same page I want to add spider chard which will show marks of that selected student (from slicer on same).

Like Discrete_Mathamatics_OE,Discrete_Mathamatics_TH, Discrete_Mathamatics_OE_TH etc.... on different axis 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.