Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tejakpa
Regular Visitor

Creating custom HTTP request header with WebApi as datasource

Hi,

I have an WebAPI that is secured with Windows authentication. I am trying to add custom header parameter (and value) when connecting to the API but get an error as shown in the screenshot. Is building a custom request header supported in PowerBI desktop (I know people have done it with a query but i'm not interested in such error-prone process). What are my options?

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tejakpa,

Can you share us your formula to test? It will be help for troubleshooting.

BTW, the parameters which used in http header should match the config of api, if you use a unknown parameter it may caused the issue.

Reference link:

M Query to use POST method on a Web API

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

As I said in my original query, I am not interested in typing the request body and come up with a 'formula'. I see that power BI allows adding optional header parameters (in 'advanced' options tab after selecting 'web' as datasource before making the api call so I would just like to add the key-value pairs and have it work out of the box. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.