Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Islam
Helper V
Helper V

Creating average report grade accross years

Hello Everyone

I wanna create a measure that returns secret reports grade as it's if a single report assigned for each year but if there is more than one report for the same year then return average of them and corresponding grade title for this average

this is the secret reports decisions table 

Untitled.jpg

and here is the report grades matrix for each employee accross years in dSecretReports Table

2.png

like you see it gives an empty values for some rows and i dun know why and at the same time i want this matrix to be governed by any other field criteria in the model known that EmpID and Employee Name columns are coming from different table and the same goes for Report Degree and Report Title columns so this matrix components are coming from different dimension tables 

here is the reports grades table

Untitled.png

so as you see i wanna display the secret reports grades for each year for each of the employees who got a secret report during this year and i want this matrix to be governed and sliced by any other column or slicer in the data model for example :-

i created a column like this picture to display the years like this 2014 - 2015 2015 - 2016 and so on if you look at this column you will find duplicates starting from year 2019 and for this years i wanna return the average of assigned report grades but if it's for old years which have no duplicates then it returns the same value without averaging .

and for this report i wanna show at the rows section

- Report Year at this formatting (Current year - 1)

- ( Current Year) - Report decision Date and explaination

- Employee name

- Employee address and other basic data

- Employee current Main and Sub working site

- Current herarchy

At the Values section or even at rows area either i wanna show the following:-

- Report Grade

- Grade Title

and this is how iit's gonna be like in the excel fact table ( i hided all irrelevant columns )

3.png

and those are the sample files

Excel Fact Table 

Sample PBIX 

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Islam ,

Sorry, this huge model confuses me. Can you simplify your data model, or create a relatively simple example, that is, data, the table looks simple. I‘ll be glad to help you.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ok sure i'll try to simplify it for you sir no problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.