cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rchi23
Frequent Visitor

Creating an actuals vs target bar chart

Hi,

Currently I have data the shows the date when a document was done and I have target dates of when we would want them complete. I want to know if it is possible to have a bar chart the has the date that is was done as an actual bar and the target as a hollow bar.

Currently I am using the stacked bar chart, where the y axis shows the status of the document, the legend shows the type of document, and the x axis shows the week number. (the week number column was determined by using the WEEKNUM function using the dates is was completed from another column.

Is this possible or something similar to do.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@rchi23 

as of now clustured bar chart / stacked bar chart donot support conditional formatting with multiple series.

so above option is not available on default charts. you MAY find this in custom visuals

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KerKol
Super User
Super User

Have you thought about using a Gantt Chart or a matrix visual made like a Gantt Chart?

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@rchi23 

as of now clustured bar chart / stacked bar chart donot support conditional formatting with multiple series.

so above option is not available on default charts. you MAY find this in custom visuals

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!