Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a visual to show customers order count by day of the month

Hi all, I trying to create a new report that shows a sales count by day of the month on top row, for each of our clients in the left column. I have the data set, just need to find a visual to use to show this. You can see the attached Excel file for the look we want t have. Any suggestions?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I got it now.  I had to strip the time stamp off and just have the day info.  

TY for the help

Capture 29.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Import data In to Power BI Desktop, create a new table (Modeling->New table) by entering this formula

calendar = CALENDARAUTO()

Create a relationship with "calendar" table and your data table ("Sheet5" in my test)

Add columns in the matrix visual as below

3.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a brain fart.  I cant get the count to show the total for the day, its listing them individually

I am using the count of order ID's to show how many in one day by client name

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you expand the "vwAp..." table to let me see whether "Count of Appraisalled" is a measure or a column?

As tested on my side, the visual should be like this

13.png

The total for each day in my visual is correct, right?

But from your screenshot, it is werid there are many same dates on the column headers.

In addition, If "Count of Appraisalled" is a measure, Could you show me how to calculate that?

Best Regards
Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I got it now.  I had to strip the time stamp off and just have the day info.  

TY for the help

Capture 29.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maggie,  The appraisal ID is a column, see below.    I simply choose count once in the The report is set up as a direct query and most days we have many orders from each client, sometimes as many as 30 per day from one client with a daily total from all clients exceeding 100 orders

I did notice that the created date in my table is also a column that has a time and date stamp.  I adjusted the modeling to only show the date, but the time stamp is still in the background and is influencing the data in the report.  Can I somehow just get the date stamp and discard the time?  All of our date stamps are date and time.

.Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.