Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanC
Frequent Visitor

Creating a unique values Table

Hi, I'm new to Power BI, I am looking to create a unique numbering table which starts at 1 and will go all the way through to over 80,000 values (rows).

i recently setup a number of tables in excel and just imported the data, however i am now looking to clear the source to all my excel tables and build the tables directly within Power BI.

Is there a way i can create a table that automatically builds the rows starting and number 1 and subsequently increases by one, going all the way to over 80,000?

I cannot copy  & Paste the data from the spreadsheet as it says "Clipboard contents are too large" and i cannot seem to just copy the data from existing table to create a new static table

Can anyone help or know of a DAX expression that creates the formula formual for me? perhaps a bit like the 'CALENDAR' DAX function but with values?

Thanks in advance

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DanC

Is this what you are looking for?
Create a new table ->

TableName = GENERATESERIES ( 1; 80000)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DanC

Is this what you are looking for?
Create a new table ->

TableName = GENERATESERIES ( 1; 80000)

That works perfectly,

thankyou for your help

Regards

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors