Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stouffy19895
Regular Visitor

Creating a table visual based on other table visuals by grouping column

Hello,

I am creating a PowerBI dashboard to calculate the cost of buying tables from different suppliers. There are a total of 3 suppliers which provide either tabletop and legs separately or tabletop and legs together.

This data has been consolidated in one dataset with the following structure: Supplier, tabletop.material, tabletop.dimensions, leg.height, unit.cost.
For example when the leg is sold separately the tabletop.material and tabletop.weight will be NA.

The user then inputs their wished table specification in slicers and powerbi shows the result in table visuals. I was able to create 3 table visuals which each have the cost for leg only, table only or leg + table.

The issue that I face is that these tables combine different suppliers. For the purpose of the user, I would like to have one table visual per supplier. For example, for supplier Akielo, we would have one row for legs only + cost, one row for tabletop only + cost and total cost for this supplier.

I have also supplied the PowerBI file. https://we.tl/t-tStp4iFkhV  

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Stouffy19895 , I only get part of it. If you want to change the complete column set based on selected value in the slicer, you need bookmarks

Axis Slicer
Dynamically change chart axis in Power BI
bookmark -https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2018/04/20/dynamically-changing-a-chart-axis-in-power-bi-using-bookmarks-and-buttons/

Hi @amitchandak , thank you for your response, just to be more clear, I would like to transform the table visuals so that there are only 1 supplier per table (as shown in the image).

Output desired.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.