Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a table from another table

I need to create a new table based on the actual one (see example):

serialemail
1234name@actualcompany.com
1234name@oldcompany.com
 name@company.com
4321name@actualcompany.com

The new one should not have duplicated serial number (we need to keep the ones with email @actualcompany.com ) and remove the ones with blank serial. So, the new table should be:

serialemail
1234name@actualcompany.com
4321name@actualcompany.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In Edit Query mode, filter for actualcompany.com and Non blank Serial.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In Edit Query mode, filter for actualcompany.com and Non blank Serial.

Yes to what @amitchandak posted. Also, to make a new table right click on the query and select Reference. I presume your data is a bit more complex than your example, so remove duplicates on the serial column (or the serial column and the actual company email).

I'm not sure of the context so I have a few questions...

• If you have many companies, how do you know which is the actual company email?
  • Are you using a slowly changing dimension somewhere?
  • Do you need this as a physical table in your database, or do you just need a virtual table for a SUMX in DAX or something? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

@freder1ck follow:

• If you have many companies, how do you know which is the actual company email? For those with same serial number, I need to keep those with actual email domain.
  • Are you using a slowly changing dimension somewhere? No
  • Do you need this as a physical table in your database, or do you just need a virtual table for a SUMX in DAX or something? After being able to do this clean up, I plan to add a column of Sales Target for each user. Since I´m using SF object, which I can´t change, I believe I´ll have to create a new physical table, with these unique users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.