cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvalaboju Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Creating a table from a table visualization

Thank you Greg for the swift response. Can I use VAR in "PowerPivot for excel"/Data Model window in calculation area(measures) section? could you please also give some examples. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Greg for the swift response. Can I use VAR in "PowerPivot for excel"/Data Model window in calculation area(measures) section? Also, is this virtual table available in pivot table when I have to analyze/present the data in excel?

could you please also give some examples. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Greg for the swift response. Can I use VAR in "PowerPivot for excel"/Data Model window in calculation area(measures) section? Also, is this virtual table available in pivot table to present the data? could you please also give some examples. Thank you.

Super User
Super User

I don't do much in PowerPivot in Excel but if it is DAX code, then yes, you can use VAR. Now, actually feeding that dynamic table to a pivot table, that's probably not supported as I know you can't do that in Desktop even though I am a huge fan of allowing Table and Matrix visualizations to accept a Measure that returns a table as output. So, for example, I do a lot of this kind of thing:

Measure = 
VAR __table = FILTER('SomeTable',[Column] = "some value")
RETURN
MAXX(__table,[Some Column])

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Frequent Visitor

I am working on the solution in Excel. Thank you Greg for your help.

Frequent Visitor

how to show underlying data in power bi matrix visual that is based on conditional measures

Hi Greg,

Please help me with the following:

how to show underlying data in power bi matrix visual that is based on conditional measures

Thank you.Test.PNG