Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GJUDGE
Helper II
Helper II

Creating a single visual from two tables

I have two tables - one showing target output for each year and another showing the current status and projected output of projects (example tables attached). I want to prepare a stacked column chart showing commissining year across the x axis, and output for each year on the y-axis (stacked based on project status). I also want to be able to add slicers to filter this for region or technology. Overlayed onto this chart I want to be able to have a line graph of the target output for each year, that again, will move dynamically if a region or technology filter is selected. 

I seem to be falling down in linking the tables (which I assume needs to be on commissioning date). One table has a set date, where as the other is simply just a year. Can anyone assist in how to prepare such a visual in power bi?

Thanks,

Actual.PNG

Plan.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @GJUDGE ;

Is your problem solved?? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.
Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @GJUDGE ;

You could create a column by dax to show the year of date ,which to establish a connection between the two tables.

Comissioning = YEAR([Commissioning Date])

and then can you share the output what you want ?

vyalanwumsft_0-1635137230481.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. Paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services. Please show the expected outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.