cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efliberty Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Creating a new table from custom measures

Hi, 

My question: how can I create a summarized table from custom measures I've already created

I have a data table that looks something like this: 

Month  |   Respondent   |   Indicator for Product 1    |   Indicator for Product 2    |   Indicator for Product 3  |    etc......

I want to know the % of respondents each month who have heard of each product (that's what the indicators tell us). Respondents can answer that they've heard of multiple product, so I wouldn't be able to combine the indicators into a single column. To solve this, I created custom measures for each product (# of respondents who've heard of the product / total # of respondents). However, I'd like to display all the products side by side in visuals. Since I always end up summarizing my data on the monthly level, I'd like to create the following table: 

Product                                    |     Jan   |      Feb   |    March    etc....

Product 1 Custom Measure     |     %     |        %    |       % 

Product 2 Custom Measure     |     %     |        %    |       % 

Product 4 Custom Measure     |     %     |        %    |       % 

etc....

Can anyone advise on how to do this? 

In case it's relevant, the "month" field in the data is all a single date (like May is 5/1/2017) if that simplifies things. 

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Creating a new table from custom measures

@efliberty,

I would recommend you create a disconnected table which contains all the measure names, then create required measure and create a Matrix visual as described in the following blog.

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Creating a new table from custom measures

@efliberty,

I would recommend you create a disconnected table which contains all the measure names, then create required measure and create a Matrix visual as described in the following blog.

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.