Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a new table from custom measures

Hi, 

My question: how can I create a summarized table from custom measures I've already created

I have a data table that looks something like this: 

Month  |   Respondent   |   Indicator for Product 1    |   Indicator for Product 2    |   Indicator for Product 3  |    etc......

I want to know the % of respondents each month who have heard of each product (that's what the indicators tell us). Respondents can answer that they've heard of multiple product, so I wouldn't be able to combine the indicators into a single column. To solve this, I created custom measures for each product (# of respondents who've heard of the product / total # of respondents). However, I'd like to display all the products side by side in visuals. Since I always end up summarizing my data on the monthly level, I'd like to create the following table: 

Product                                    |     Jan   |      Feb   |    March    etc....

Product 1 Custom Measure     |     %     |        %    |       % 

Product 2 Custom Measure     |     %     |        %    |       % 

Product 4 Custom Measure     |     %     |        %    |       % 

etc....

Can anyone advise on how to do this? 

In case it's relevant, the "month" field in the data is all a single date (like May is 5/1/2017) if that simplifies things. 

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I would recommend you create a disconnected table which contains all the measure names, then create required measure and create a Matrix visual as described in the following blog.

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I would recommend you create a disconnected table which contains all the measure names, then create required measure and create a Matrix visual as described in the following blog.

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.