Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Axit
Advocate II
Advocate II

Creating a new measure based on an earlier one

I'm still struggling with applying confidentiality to our data.

At the moment I have changed all values in a matrix table to '< 5' if the data is between 1 to 4 (I want to keep true zeroes). I want to be able to change the next lowest number in a row or a column to 'np' (i.e. not provided). This will add a secondary layer of confidentiality to the data. I've tried using countrows and ranking, but I'm not getting the results I require. Here is the first formula I use to get the '< 5' value:

Patient Counts =
IF (
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Patient[counter] ) ) < 5 && SUM ( Patient[counter] ) > 0,
"< 5",
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Patient[counter] ) )
)

I have posted a similar question to this. But rather than just remove the totals and sub-totals I really want to go down the secondary suppression route. Thanks for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Agree with @MFelix, need sample data and expected results. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Axit,

Without any further data is difficult to answer you but believe that what you need is something similar to what I have made in the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Group-by-Customer-sum-by-Month-and-then-apply-filter/m-p/49...

Don't Know how you want to present your data but the import part is the FILTER part of the summarize table.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @MFelix and @Greg_Deckler. I should have provided more data as an example earlier. So these are the types of results I'm trying to reproduce:

Confidential table.PNG

In this table all the values less than 5 (i.e. between 1 and 4) are shown as "< 5". The secondary suppression is applied to typcially the next lowest value as "np", so that the less than 5 number cannot be calculated.

So far I can get the "< 5" working fine, but I really need to be able to do the "np" too so that I can keep both the row and column totals.

Thanks again for looking at this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.