cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a measure as a Calculated Column

Hi PowerBI guys,

I have scatter graph with 3 variables - x, y (x and y are irrelvant to the question) with the size determined by a calculated measure.

The scatter graph is also grouped at the detail of a Member Surname.

Power BI v2.PNG

I have then asked for conditional formatting to be applied, based on the Open Agreement measure. The colours are grouped  into 3 buckets - less than 20, 20 to 80, and 80+ using conditional formatting:

Power BI.PNG

Everything looks good so far, but the problem is i would like to show these traffic lights as a legend in my graph.

From what i understand, in order to show this as a legend, i would need to have a calculated column in the "legend" section, with these rules implemented. However I cannot build a calculated column from a measure, as measures happen last in processing.

Open_Agreements = CALCULATE(
COUNT(DimMatter[DimMatter_Key]),
FILTER(Agreements, Agreements[Last_End_Result_Date] = blank())
)

What i've tried (this does not produce the right stats)

MOH_Status =
COUNTAX(

FILTER(
GROUPBY(Agreements,Agreements[Max_Allocated_Party]),
Agreements[Last_End_Result_Date] = blank()
),
Agreements[DimMatter_Key] )

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Oneiricer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  @Anonymous,

Here is the next step as you described. Please follow the link below and revert me if any concern.

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KwNAty0ncy9GG0QbWw2fylQHX8GeW6rW/view?usp=sharing

Best Regards,

Ravi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ravik4934
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous,

I have created a pbix by taking random data on your problem. I am attaching PBIX file go through it and revert me if any concern.

Here the link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kNjmFrpBK39IT5Mc9HiceT2-H8BCrXcz/view?usp=sharing

Best Regards,

Ravi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ravi

Thanks for responding back so quickly. This is very close, but what i'm after is something like this:

Power BI v3.PNG

Does a count against "Name" and sees how many are blank per person.

The next step (which i can do) is 1 = red, 2 = green, for example.

Hi  @Anonymous,

Here is the next step as you described. Please follow the link below and revert me if any concern.

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KwNAty0ncy9GG0QbWw2fylQHX8GeW6rW/view?usp=sharing

Best Regards,

Ravi

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot. Works fine for me.

Is there a way to have a single DAX code as a solution, instead of creating a secondary table via summarize?

Yes There is way but Creating summarize table is much reliable. Though you can write SQL I mean to say that if you calculate count calculation in database then import in power bi then just you have to drag and drop in power bi.
😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors