Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alvarotoral

Creating a matrix group by issue

Hi,

I'm having an issue creating a matrix visualization. I have list that needs to be group by four different levels (Site, Block, Location and Area), after those four levels have been expanded it needs to show all the details for the rows under it, but when I add a detail column to the Rows section in the matrix, it adds it as another level. The details are plain text and what I'm trying to replicate is how a grouped by SharePoint List works.

Here's an image of my data:

Capture.PNG

As you can see I have the fist four columns as the levels I would like to group by my data. Then,, the last two columns Tipo_Visita and Nombre_Completo would be the detail, so when all the levels are expanded, it should show those five rows. And what Im getting is this:
Capture2.PNG

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
alvarotoral

Hi @mhossain ,

Thanks for the response, but I've already tried this option and it's returning the desired result. I'm looking to replicate something like this:

alvarotoral_0-1614106685353.png

@alvarotoral 

Thanks, got it.

I think it's not doable at the moment the way you require matrix table to be in, lets see if anyone comes up with suggestions.

mhossain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@alvarotoral 

Under the 'Row Heading' format setting, try to turn on the Stepped layout option, hope this helps. Or you are looking for something else?

mhossain_0-1614104144004.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors