Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a horizontal/constant line in line chart using just one single number which changes daily

Hi all,

I have a data model consisting of one long fact table with different time series in it. I have one smaller dimension table which also includes some descriptive statistics for every time series. There is a relationship between both tables. 

The descriptive statistics in the dimension table are updated on a daily basis. I want to see some of these descriptive statistics in my line chart containing the time series of the fact table. For example: for one time series I want to add horizontal lines of the mean, mean plus standard deivation, mean minus standard deviation etc. These horizontal lines must be created from these single numbers. 

So to summarize: plot this descriptive statistic, which is just a single number in the dimension table, on the whole line chart. 

A possiblity would be to include a whole column with the same number in the fact table but this will result in performance issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

create measures that produce these constant values, and then add the measures to your line chart visual.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can either have a legend or multiple values but not both.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah that is unfortunate but thank you for your answer. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

create measures that produce these constant values, and then add the measures to your line chart visual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I add a measure to my line chart visual? As the axis, legend and values fields are already filled with other data

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.