Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Back2Basics
Helper IV
Helper IV

Creating a 'form page' inc. text wrapping

Hi

I'm trying to present some data in a 'form view'. The data I have is an excel spreadsheet with lots of rows. We have several pages to identify links between the rows that the business are interested in, but one thing that is also desired is a way to view all of the data for one row, as selected by the user. I could do this as a table with all of the columns, but that would require a lot of scrolling etc. What I'm trying to do is provide a page that displays everything like it is a form with all the data completed for the selected row. 

I'm currently using table visualisations, one for each field so that I can place it where I want it and format them etc. But this is a bit clunky and I'm still finding that some records data don't fit in the field as set - because they are larger, but it's difficult to know which ones these are, so only comes up when user selects them. 

Are there visualisations that would be better for this? Is there something I can use that has text wrapping that will then automatically change the font size, that would be great for this I think? 

Any advice on how to get this desired effect if these visualisations don't exist. I should say, I can only use free visuals, so that may be a limitation (this is a business decision not mine).

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Back2Basics ,

Can you briefly describe your requirements or provide a screenshot of the desired results and I will try to answer them for you?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi @v-henryk-mstf 

I have a picture of what we currently have for this page. It's a mashup ofr lots of 'tables' with one or two fields. But as you can see, some times the fields is larger than the space and a scroll bar comes into play. 

I'd just like to tidy it up so it displays all of the information (from one row in an excel) but in a more userfriendly manner. 

Back2Basics_0-1646911440647.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you introduced the concept of "Personalize visuals"  to your users yet?  They will love it, and it will be much less work for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.